Tamarac Bankruptcy Attorney
Facing mountains of debt can be extremely stressful and nerve-racking. Indeed, you may be dealing with creditors, worrying about foreclosure, and may even be looking at lawsuits filed against you. While you may feel overwhelmed and hopeless about your financial future, there are options available. At The Law Offices of Barry S. Mittelberg, P.A., our Tamarac bankruptcy attorney can help you to understand your options.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Creditor Harassment & Debt Collection
- Foreclosure Defense
- Mortgage Modification
Benefits of Bankruptcy
While filing for bankruptcy should never be the first consideration–other options should be exhausted first–for those who are struggling to pay creditors and are drowning in debt, bankruptcy may offer relief. Some of the advantages of filing for bankruptcy include:
- Automatic stay. As soon as you officially file for bankruptcy, the automatic stay will go into effect. This puts a pause on creditors’ ability to contact you and collect on debt, providing a reprieve from debt collection phone calls and mail.
- Dischargeable debt. Another benefit of filing for bankruptcy is that when you file for bankruptcy, you may be able to discharge many of your debts. This might include, depending upon your financial situation and the type of bankruptcy you file for, credit card debt, medical debt, payday loan debt, deficiency judgments, utility bills, and more.
- Repayment plan. Another potential benefit of filing for bankruptcy is that by filing for bankruptcy, you may be able to keep some of your assets by creating a repayment plan where you make payments to pay off your debt over time.
- Fresh start. For many, having the slate wiped clean and getting a fresh start is the only way to escape crushing debt. Bankruptcy can provide that opportunity.
How Working with a Tamarac Bankruptcy Attorney Can Help
While working with a lawyer is not required when filing for bankruptcy in Tamarac, it is advised. Indeed, the bankruptcy process can be confusing; an attorney will help you to navigate the process, explaining your rights, options, and duties as the process unfolds. Specifically, your Tamarac bankruptcy attorney will:
- Help you to understand the different types of bankruptcy. There are two main types of bankruptcy that an individual files for: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. A lawyer can explain the differences, what qualifies a person for each, and which one is best for your situation.
- Prepare and file paperwork. Filing for bankruptcy requires multiple legal documents – your attorney will work to gather and organize your financial information, fill out and file all bankruptcy documents, and ensure accuracy throughout the process. Your attorney will also explain any important forms and documents you receive.
- Representing you at hearings. When you file for bankruptcy, you will need to attend a bankruptcy hearing. Your lawyer will represent you during this process.
An attorney can also explain any potential alternatives to bankruptcy, such as debt consolidation or negotiation.
Call Our Tamarac Bankruptcy Attorneys Today
To learn more about the bankruptcy process and how our Tamarac bankruptcy attorney at The Law Offices of Barry S. Mittelberg, P.A. can help, please call us today or send us a message directly.