Close Menu


Our office remains open to help you through these stressful times. To ensure your safety, as well as ours, we offer telephone consultations, at your request. There is no charge for the consultation.

FILE YOUR CASE WITH $0 DOWN (only pay the court filing fee)

Parkland Car Accident Attorney

Being injured in a car crash is an extremely costly experience. Medical bills can quickly amass into the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars while the victim’s income is slashed or cut off entirely due to their extensive injuries. Parkland car crash victims also deserve to be compensated for pain and suffering, lost earning capacity, loss of joy of life, property damage, and more. Unfortunately, car Florida crash victims are at a disadvantage when it comes to fair compensation because of Florida’s weak minimum liability insurance standards and the state’s no-fault insurance system. This is why you need to reach out to a Parkland car accident attorney at the office of Barry S. Mittelberg right away.

Why There are So Many Serious Collisions in Florida

Traffic collisions are a growing threat to all road users here in Florida and across the nation. According to the Florida Department of Highways Safety and Motor Vehicles, because of Florida’s “geography, increasing population and thriving tourism industry, the state of Florida consistently ranks as one of the highest traffic fatality states in the nation.” However, this is just part of the picture. It is true that with more cars on the road the likelihood of fatal and injury causing collisions rises. However, driver behavior, road design, lack of police enforcement of the rules, and too high of speed limits are all even greater contributors. Texting and driving, or using a device for any purpose while behind the wheel, is a major problem that seems to be growing by the year. More than one out of four crashes involves a driver either talking or texting on a cell phone, according to the National Safety Council.

Determining the Cause of the Crash and Liability

Florida adheres to a comparative negligence doctrine that reduces a victim’s compensation by their fault. As such, if you were found to have contributed 20 percent to the cause of the crash, by speeding for example, and the other driver was found to be at 80 percent at fault, for failing to yield right of way, you would only be entitled to 80 percent of your damages. Because of this, it is important to get the facts straight from the start, and to prove that the other driver was the sole contributor to the crash, thereby increasing your compensation to 100 percent. Common causes of collisions include:

  • Distracted driving;
  • Aggressive driving;
  • Reckless driving;
  • Drowsy driving or falling asleep; and
  • Drunk driving.

Full Compensation Depends Largely On the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Policy

Unfortunately, Florida’s no-fault insurance system and the minimum liability that drivers carry harms those who get seriously injured in traffic collisions. Drivers are not required to carry and bodily injury liability insurance for the other driver. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) that you carry only pays for up to $10,000 in total medical and lost income damages. Some crashes are considered non serious, and are capped at $2,500. In order to get full and fair compensation, you need to work with an attorney who can prove the significance of your injuries and pursue the other party’s insurance policy or even their personal assets if that is what is necessary.

Call Our Parkland Car Collision Attorney Today

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Barry S. Mittelberg can help you get the compensation that you need to get back on your feet, and just as importantly, the compensation that you deserve for the pain and suffering that you were put through. Call  954-752-1213 today to schedule a free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn